Work in progress
This page reviews the various strategies you can apply to tackle CSS, tracing their strengths and weaknesses, and comparing them against one another.
Methodologies organize your CSS as the size of your website or web application grows. They're adopted to create a regular way of writing CSS rules and applying them in HTML.
- BEM, a method to create reusable components via consistent naming and structure
- CubeCSS, an extension of CSS that embraces the cascade and inheritance
- rscss, a set of simple ideas to guide your process of building maintainable CSS
Various units are useful for different manipulations in CSS. Here's a simple chart breaking down when to use what. There are three values:
- Y - Yes, use this unit for this purpose!
- N - No, avoid this unit for this purpose.
- / - It's a mixed bag and sometimes you'll need this unit for this purpose.